Subscribe by Email

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Light in the dark

“A poet is a nightingale who sits in darkness and sings to cheer its own solitude with sweet sounds ― Percy Bysshe Shelley ”



I used to be afraid of the dark but now - outlandish as it may sound- I find comfort in it. And there is light in the dark provided you can see it. What? You can't see it? I know, most people can't, inasmuch as their eyes are blinded by excessive familiarity with the daylight, or maybe the light of dark is just beyond their ken. 
But I'm telling you there is light, and not only does it help you discover yourself, but also it gives you a whole new perspective on life. The profound subtleties and aesthetics of the dark lead you to uncover things which are apparently invisible. Little did I understand this, for - as I mentioned - I was afraid of it; hence, I couldn't able to see beyond the canopy of darkness.

Admittedly, it is not possible to fully grasp the concept of light or comeliness in the darkness, but the fact remains that even nuances of light cannot be perceived without darkness. Dark things, supposedly, are considered hideous. Many believe only inimical elements lurk in the dark. But the darkness can be captivating just as the light can be extremely grotesque. 
My argument maybe a tenuous one but there's something ineffable in the darkness that bids experience to get familiar with.


No comments:

Post a Comment