Wednesday, December 4, 2013

100 Facts about Me…!


With laptop on my lap, I sat. Staring mindlessly at the screen, I wanted to write something but just couldn’t weave a single cohesive thought. It is as if I forgot to write or maybe due to a superfluity of thoughts that have been bolting into the mind of their own accord. However, that isn’t unusual either, because that is what the mind does – it creates the world around us. And scruffy minds like mine revel in walking down unpredictable avenues of thoughts, turning new corners, discovering strange new realms. 
So, I surfed the web, read a few tweets and then this hash tag #100FactsAboutMe caught my attention. I threw a few in the mix and then wondered if I really could write or even know 100 facts about myself. I can tell it was way harder than I thought but nevertheless, it was something worth contemplating for.

  1. I have a very vivid imagination and I live in my head. 
  2. I love to walk alone along the beach and watch sunset. 
  3. I’m an antisocial hermit, I feel disconnected from the outer world as if I am the only person like me. 
  4. I lack appropriate social skills needed to make friends and I take a lot of time to make someone’s acquaintance. 
  5. I’ve never been in love. 
  6. Like most antisocial people I love twitter. 
  7. Since I lack adequate social skills, I try to be a bit social on social networks (LOL). 
  8. I feel like I can’t share any of my feelings to anyone. 
  9. Most people think I’m rude, conceited, but I am not. Though, I am not very good with people. 
  10. If some people existed in my computer, trust me I wouldn’t take a second to delete them. 
  11. I - more often than not – keep my opinion in my head. 
  12. I do think about dying young. 
  13. Barring Table tennis, I like most of sports but I love football. 
  14. I’m a culé. 
  15. I thought I was going to play professional football but then picked up a few injuries, especially the tissues’ damage in my right ankle. 
  16. Among sports women, I think Yelena Isinbayeva aka Russian pole vault queen – is the prettiest around. 
  17. I love poetry, music, movies and reading books. 
  18. I can’t name poets, writers and books that I like because they are too many to mention. 
  19. I hate blabbers and clingy people. 
  20. I used to be a serious gamer. 
  21. I’m not a morning person. 
  22. My mom usually likes me home before the street lights come on. She’s such a simple woman. 
  23. I wear lenses, though I have as many as 5 pair of glasses but I don’t wear them but sure I like to buy them. 
  24. Traffic jams annoy me so much. 
  25. When I left University, I thought I figure out the life already. Now I realize how wrong one can be. 
  26. Owing to the fact that I can’t fit in, when I was a kid, I believed I was from another world. 
  27. If I get time, I still like to watch Tom & Jerry, my favorite cartoon. 
  28. I tend to watch most of the programs on YouTube. 
  29. I am not a good swimmer. 
  30. One time, a huge wave swept and banged me against the rocks 30 feet towards the right from where I was swimming and I had received so many contusions on my ribs, elbows, back, knees, shins and feet. 
  31. I have a diverse taste in music. 
  32. I have a love-hate relationship with myself. 
  33. I lost 4 phones so far and I don’t know about 3 of them, whether somebody stole it from me or I dropped them somewhere. And the other one, while climbing stairs and texting simultaneously, I barged into a man who was on his descent. As a result I found myself watching helplessly as my phone bounced off the stairs and crashed to the floor. Phone LCD got damaged beyond repair. 
  34. I can forgive but I can’t forget. 
  35. I like to help people if I can. 
  36. I love to walk in rain and get drenched. And sitting by the window, watching raindrops when I’m inside. 
  37. Sometimes I get so sad for no reason. 
  38. I like paranormal stuff. The X-Files was my favorite. 
  39. Of all professions, I am not the least bit interested in teaching. 
  40. If I were a felon, I’d be a bank robber instead of an assassin. 
  41. Apart from professional work, I write about things I like and some of them I post on my blog. 
  42. I’m a cynic. 
  43. I’m a sad case. 
  44. I have never been good enough, though I tried to be. 
  45. I have done my Masters in I.R in 2008 and joined a news paper which I just left. 
  46. If I ever become a ghost, I’ll haunt my ex-boss the most. 
  47. And I have many regrets. 
  48. My one regret is that I am not someone else. 
  49. If I had the chance to start again, I would certainly do everything differently. 
  50. When I was a kid, I used to be afraid of dark. Now I find solace in it. 
  51. I miss being a kid and being carefree. 
  52. I hated school but I liked college and university. 
  53. When I was little, once my Dad took me to his office, and after a while Dad asked me “Why are you so quiet, what’s troubling you?”, “I can’t understand what you people writing in these files”, I replied. 
  54. When I was 9, my cousin (16) duped me to sneak into a fruit farm in their vicinity to pluck some papaya, guava and mangoes. He told me it was safe and they’d done it before. Farm owner almost caught me and he had a shotgun in his hands. That day I ran faster than Usain Bolt. 
  55. My room is always a mess. 
  56. If I had a chance, I would like to have a go at skydiving. 
  57. I think it would be cool to visit Antarctica. 
  58. I don’t care about people and what they think. 
  59. I don’t interfere in others’ affair and hate when somebody pokes their nose in mine. 
  60. Sometimes I feel short compared to most people, although, 5’9 is okay I guess. 
  61. I really hate being ill. 
  62. I appreciate my parents. 
  63. I love my buddy and we are quite different. 
  64. My favorite color is white. 
  65. When I can’t sleep, I sit on the rooftop gazing stars. 
  66. I like pizza and fried rice the most. 
  67. I can't sing. Nevertheless, I try to in shower. 
  68. I like Discovery and Nat Geo. 
  69. I hate cats. 
  70. I’ve never smoked. 
  71. Sometimes I drive around aimlessly. 
  72. I have a lackadaisical shaving routine. 
  73. I have become super lazy lately. 
  74. I fantasize a lot. 
  75. I don’t live in present. Either I’m in the past or future. 
  76. I would rather be rich and miserable than broke and happy. 
  77. Back in 2006, I had a terrible accident on a bridge. My bike crashed into the fence. Luckily I didn’t fall over, and I escaped major injuries. Since then I haven’t ridden a bike again. 
  78. I sometimes feel like I have the worst luck of all. 
  79. I procrastinate a lot. 
  80. I don’t like tattoos. 
  81. I’m a geek. 
  82. My favorite font is “Comic Sans Ms” 
  83. I hate adobe updates. 
  84. I always used Windows and most of the Microsoft products. 
  85. I prefer Android. 
  86. After waking up, cell phone is the first thing I reach for and it’s probably the last thing I touch before sleeping. 
  87. I switched to SkyDrive from Google Drive, and also I started using Dropbox. 
  88. I like growing hair and guys with long hair. 
  89. My dandruff just doesn’t go away, though I tried so many remedies. 
  90. I don’t like going to weddings, well I don’t like to join other social gatherings either. But to me, weddings are really boring and stressful. 
  91. I notice so many things but I choose to say nothing. 
  92. Rafael Nadal is my favorite Tennis player. 
  93. Sometimes I like to watch movies, I have seen before. 
  94. My favorite actors are Leonardo DiCaprio, Denzel Washington, Matt Damon, Russell Crowe, Johnny Depp, John Cusack, Sean Connery (he has the sexiest voice I think) and Nicole Kidman. 
  95. I don’t like Harrison Ford, Natalie Portman and above all Cameron Diaz, I’d slap her if I could, and I think they should all just stop acting now. 
  96. Espionage, war and movies about bank robberies fascinate me the most. 
  97. I make a lot of mistakes and I think about them. 
  98. Writing 100 facts about yourself is another mistake because it’s so damn hard. 
  99. While typing these lines, I have realized quite a few things about myself. 
  100. My name is Zaka.

2 comments:

  1. I appreciate how open and honest you are in your writing, and I commend you for coming up with 100 things about yourself like that. I feel like I know you a little bit now!
    Peace and Love,
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete