Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolutions, Why bother?

-->

Zaka


It’s the time of the year when people tend to get a bit introspective, analyze their past and make resolutions for New Year. Does anything wrong with that? Absolutely no, as long as you are sincere to bring changes in your life. So my New Year resolution is not to make any this time around, because I wasn't able to fulfill all I’ve made in the years gone by. I am not a wimp (at least I think so) but maybe I don't have passion to change my life or myself.

I believe New Year Resolutions is just a fashion, even though more and more people are inclined to make resolutions than ever, a lot of people who make new years resolutions do break them. 

What’s the point of making these when you know that life is so unpredictable? Who would have thought this time last year all the changes we have witnessed over the course of the year? Indeed 2011 was a hell of a year, wasn't it?

Though 2011 taught me how circumstances force individual to adapt, somehow I developed fear of future, yeah!!! I am afraid of future now. So I want to seize 2011. This is a hard place to be in, but a friend of mine who is much older than me, told me these feelings are normal and natural, and while not everyone articulates them like this, or even recognizes or admits it, everyone feels this way at some point.

While writing these lines, I hardly got a thought of 2012 and 12 months that have passed are very much dominating my mind. I am wondering what if there were no 2012? I know it sounds pretty preposterous but what if 2011 was perennial? or we stop counting the days and measuring the time. Did you ever wonder a calender-less life? 


It wouldn't make much difference, would it? everything would happen as usual, the parties, sports, marriages, births and deaths, but we would feel much relieved without the sword of time... ah! I got too far with my fantasy.

well! There’s always next year, so let's hope it changes something, and brings peace and happiness for us all.

Happy New Year.

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't have said it any better myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i make resolutions, it has convinced me that making resolutions can make a huge difference... Ali, Karachi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't believe in New Year Resolutions, although I do agree with the positivity they bring. Being candid, for me things like new year's resolutions don't exsist. It never takes a new year to make me realize I need to change something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah and you don't need a specific time of the year to change something in your life

    ReplyDelete